Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Boyd and Jina in Chicago

Boyd and Jina (Jonny's parents) came to visit us over the weekend. They were only here for a few short days, but we sure had fun and did as much as we could. And of course we played the Wii and Wii fit a lot! I think Boyd is addicted -but at least he got his daily workout!
The first day they were here we picked them up from the airport and went to lunch at Portillo's- one of our favorite places here. That night we took them to the Riverwalk, this time I got some good pictures in the daylight! Its so pretty!Jonny and the famous Chicago style pizza. It was SO yummy! It was the thickest pizza I've ever seen- really like a pie. They cook the crust, then the cheese (tons) and toppings and then they put the sauce on top. Yum. It was so good, but definately not on our diet menu!

So of course you can't be in Chicago and not take a picture with Michael Jordan!

On Saturday we spent the day downtown. It is ginormous- a little bit bigger then hometown Idaho! Jonny took this picture of his parents walking and holding hands :)
In front of Sears Tower..... bad lighting in the pic but it was the best we could do......
this building is seriously SO tall- I got dizzy looking up to the top!

On the elevator ride to the top! 103 floors! We stood in a line, watched a cool movie about the building of Sears tower, then crammed into the elevator. Let me start by saying how much I hate elevators- and this is like the King of elevators. It goes 16 miles per hour and is not a very smooth ride, especially when you have smelly people standing in your bubble :) But I was brave and pretended not to be terrified! And luckily the power didn't go out and strand us in the elevator like I was worried about, huh Jonny?


I know you can't really see this picture very good- but i wanted to document everything! Okay so these 2 pictures are of the parking lot across the street that we parked in. The top one is not zoomed- but the bottom one if full zoom. That just shows how high we were! Our car is 2 to the left of the big RV in case you were wondering.
And of course I zoomed in on Soldier Field. GO BEARS!

It has the most pretty view of the city (this is only one side view of the city, imagine this all around) and the water. The lake is huge, its hard to think its not the ocean! You can't even see land on the other side.



Jonny, Jina, Boyd- on the water taxi. The river runs through the city and so you can take these "water taxis" to different places. It was so nice to go to the tourist spots without having to worry about driving/parking. And it was pretty!

NAVY PIER


4 comments:

Rachel said...

wow what a fun time! I'm glad you posted so many pictures! That sears tower is out of control! 103 floors!! I don't think I would be able to look down!!

Kristi said...

Hey! Cool, what fun pictures! Yeah, we're in SLC, where are you guys at? I heard a rumor about California but if you're close we should do dinner or something next week. What are you guys up to?

Kristen said...

Hey Ash! It's so good to hear from you, I was thinking about you the other day and wondering when you guys are coming back. Brandon and I would really like to get together with you guys or should I say "World Travelers!" I'm sure you'll look back at this busy and exciting time in your life and have no regrets!!! You guys really scored with these two cities, although I've never visited either, I heard they are just amazing!

Johnsons Travels said...

i easily have the most amazing wife in the whole world!!!