Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More Chicago

Last weekend it poured for about 3 days- seriously the rain didn't stop. It wasn't a light drizzle either, it was the hurricane storm I guess. There were a lot of problems with flooding around the area and we had our own little flooding in front of our house! These two pictures are our front door and patio.

Jonny and Geoff thought it would be fun to jump in the pool when it was raining. Ha they're so funny- it was SO full because of all the rain and it overflowed everytime they jumped it. You can see how full it was in the pictures.


Jonny is so sweet all of the time and does thoughtful things when I least expect them. The other day he brought me home flowers and the sweetest card... and bought me a new pair of jeans! woo hoo! he's so good and i'm a lucky girl!

THe other night we went with some friends to the Riverwalk in Naperville. It was a lot of fun. We went to dinner then walked around the river. I know the pictures are dark but it was so pretty, I can't wait to go back sometime in the day.
This is Jonny on the bridge- you can kind of see the river with sidewalks on both sides.
Across the river they have a monument for 9/11. They have a huge wall with faces carved in them. The faces were drawn by school kids in the area... We couldn't resist taking pictures by them!


3 comments:

Ange said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast. I can't believe how sweet Jonny is. He is always bringing you home flowers. Jo maybe only brings me home flowers on a special occassion like our anniversary.

KACI JOHNSON said...

Looks like you guys are having alot of fun in Chicago. When do you guys get back? Wow I don't know how you are doing it. I was so ready to come home at the end of the summer! You're a trooper!!

Myklind said...

Hey, It was so good to hear from you. Looks like you are doing so good! You and Jonny make the cutest couple. Keep in touch.