Monday, September 1, 2008

Driving, Family, Driving, and Driving

Its been quite an eventful few weeks. Jonny and I are now in Chicago! We left San Diego, stayed for a night in Las Vegas, then drove to South Jordan, stayed a night there, then drove to West Yellowstone. I had a family reunion in Idaho and we spent a few days in West Yellowstone watching my brother Cameron at the Playmill Theatre. My Dad and uncle ran a marathon that weekend too, it was fun to have lots of the family there to support them. After a fun weekend in Idaho we spent the week with Jonny's family in Utah. It was fun to see all of them and they were so nice to take us boating (even though I'm such a scaredy-cat!)
Saturday we began the 20-hour drive to chicago. We stopped in Omaha and stayed at my brother's house for the night. Thanks Kris and Cami! I wish we could have spent more time with them. And now here I sit in Chicago while Jonny is at work, and I'm not quite sure what to do :) We're so excited to be here and see this part of the country. So in about 2 weeks we drove through 10 states and spent over 40 hours in the car! Yikes!
Soon I'll post some pictures, I have lots to post! But I wanted to give everyone a little update!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

oh man you were so close to us! You drove right through Des Moines huh?! I didn't know you had a bro in Omaha though. I hope you enjoyed the car ride, it is a long one!!

Brittanie said...

Ash i feel for ya girl! What a crazy adventure you guys went on, but the best part was when you stopped to see me. It was so fun to see you and meet jonny. I miss ya tons. Lets for sure get together when you guys get back to Utah. Be safe. Britt

Rachel said...

Oh good I'm glad you made it safe... what a freakin awful drive though I bet.... I miss ya!

Nicolle said...

WOW thats alot of driving! Chicago is so fun and there is so much to do there you will love it! Miss you and the lunch bunch crew!