Friday, May 1, 2009

Nothing too exciting

We finally made it to Chicago! We were glad to finally get here. So far its been good- except for the fact that dogs are not allowed at our apartment complex..... Yikes! Nobody seemed to let us know.... . . There are also a few other couples with dogs. But since we came out early and were the first ones to show up with a dog, we got all the grief. So we call Cubby our little Andy Frank because he is in hiding. We can't walk him around our complex, so we've come up with creative ways around it. Since Cubby and I are home alone all day together (he gets super bored with me), we've become pretty close and had some not so fun experiences that I'm sure I'll laugh about one day. THe latest just happened a few minutes ago. Since we can't walk him around the complex, I sneak him to my car and drive to the park that is about a 30 second walk from our apartment. Ha how lame is that!? I drive to the back side of the park so nobody at the apartments sees me with him (again!) since he's supposed to be long gone by now. Long story short, he chewed on his leash and almost broke it so I was in the middle of tying a knot in the leash when he suddenly pulled and got away from me. NO!! We were walking on the road by the park.... and he ran... ran FAST. So of course I start chasing him and he thinks its a game to stay away from me. He would stop and crouch down and look at me while thinking "come and get me, I dare ya...." He was running around on the front lawn of these town houses.... So I looked like a fool chasing him in circles around one tree, then the next, and the next. Only 3 or 4 cars had to stop so they didn't hit him (while watching me run around like a mad man!) Finally I tricked him into chasing me (we've learned this is the only way to catch him). I got him to follow me into someone's front gate and up to some strangers front door. Wow, I was MAD! Everytime I think i learn my lesson about holding on more tight to the leash, it happens again. I do feel bad for him though, being couped up all day. We definately miss our backyard in Utah!!

This is a picture I just took- looks like all that running finally wore him out! whew!




Oh ya... Jonny is doing awesome out here!! He has made his way up to 21st in the company. So good! I'm so proud of him for working so hard. He has so much motivation to go out everyday and he is so good at what he does! way to go babe! I found this picture while I was looking on my computer. It was after a long day of selling for jonny, and another lazy day for cubby.

5 comments:

Sam Walker said...

I'm SO glad to see the updates- even though it does make me sad you guys are gone. We need to talk soon- I'll call you! Tell Jonny hello from us too and know that we are counting the days til' we get to hang out again!

Ali Holt said...

ha ha! Andy Frank! Only you ash-hole. I know exactly what you go through with the running away thing- Bella does it ALL the time, its so embarassing. especially at 7 in the morning before work and me running around in my PJ's!!! it makes me so mad!!!! p.s. josh wants me to relay the message- make me some EGGS B!!!!

Rachel said...

that story is hilarious!! I was totally laughing out loud imagining you running around trees and across the street like a crazy person!!! :) thanks for the laugh. Enjoy the adventures of sweet Cubby!! :)

Cameron said...

Ha ha. I bet you looked so funny chasing him. I can laugh because I've been there. I know it's crazy, but reading this and looking at those pictures made me miss Cubby...uh, and you and Jonny too. :)

Bingham Fam said...

I am so glad to see things are going well for you guys! Chicago...never been there but I hope you guys have fun there!!! Funny story about you chasing the dog around. Something to laugh about down the road when you arent mad. Have a fun summer!