Thursday, October 16, 2008

my crazy husband

One of the first things I learned about Jonny after we got married, was that he talks in his sleep and says the funniest things. The first time it happened I got a little creeped out, but after a while I just would laugh and try to talk back to him. A couple of times he's actually talked back to me. He always says the most random things and I try so hard to remember them, but since I myself am groggy and tired, I'm not very good at remembering the details in the morning.
So last night i was reading my book in bed, with the lamp still on (Jonny was already asleep), and Jonny turned over to me and said
"where are you going to put the animals?"
"what do you mean?" i asked.
after which he said something about a frog hopping and turned back over to sleep. so I chuckled to myself and kept reading as this is not a rare occurance. Just another funny thing to add to the list I guess. But this is not the best part.
Sometime in the middle of the night, I awoke to Jonny standing at the foot of the bed. He was wrapped up in our blanket and was giving some type of acceptance speech or something. He said something along the lines of "Great, well I just want to thank you so much, I really appreciate it."
Bah ha ha! What a funny guy. I just started laughing, realized I was cold, and told him to give the blanket back and go to bed. I don't think he ever woke up, he just started mumbling and laid back down. And believe it or not, this was not the first time he's done that. Sometime last week I woke up and he was doing the same thing- standing at the foot of our bed wrapped in a blanket.

I just thought it was so funny, and wanted to share :) He'll probably be embarrassed I made a post about it! Just another way that life with Jonny Johnson is never dull!

9 comments:

Ange said...

That is funny. I talk in my sleep too. He won't be embarrassed because he tells people a more embarrassing story than that. Actually the story I am thinking of was like his break the ice line. I bet you are constantly laughing at him.

Rachel said...

ha ha i'm totally laughing out loud!! I love it!!

Nicole Arnold said...

BAHAHA . . . okay I have to tell you . . . that made me laugh cry! (Cory also thought it was rather hilarious!)

Cassie said...

oh my where do I start, just wait until you have been married 4 years, you will have a novel you could write about all the nights if he is anything like Mitch! Just last night Mitch ran out of bed to the window in our room and was frantically trying to lift the blinds he was scared out of his mind....I then had to tell him "Mitch honey its just a dream come back to bed" a usual occurence in our home!!! I think it is so funnuy!

Johnsons Travels said...

so.... i am not a wierdo i have no control over what i do when i am sleeping...

Tiffany said...

Funny husbands. Two nights ago I was getting into bed after feeding Austin and Brent said something about catching the racoons. I was like, note to self: remember that in the morning. haha

Kristen said...

That is too funny! I'm sure you go to bed now every night wondering what type of performance you will get! You should record him some time and let him watch it! I'm sure he'd get a big kick out of it. Also when are you guys coming home, I saw Robin last night, it was really good to see her and Kim!

aust, jess, janson said...

oh my i am laughing so hard... entertainment at its best! I wish I was in chicago with you!!:)

Landon, Dana and Julien said...

Haha! Thats really funny...Landon does the same thing!!! Just wait until you wake up in the middle of the night with him sitting up in bed grabbing your leg and holding it up in the air and yelling jiberish. Definitely makes life interesting.