Friday, August 28, 2009

The Oprah Show!

I finally scored tickets to an Oprah Show! I was SO SO excited! I tried when we were here last year with no success. I told Jonny that since we decided to extend and stay through September that I better get tickets to Oprah (since she doesn't film in the summer). About two weeks ago I signed up to get tickets. They only open the reservation line for about 2 days. And there were only 3 available shows that time, so I got really lucky! My friend Mandi went with us- we had a good time!

We had to leave our house by 5:30 AM! EARLY! We got to the studio at about 6:15 and had to wait in line for about 20 minutes before they started to take us in. You have to go through quite a security check to get in so it takes a while to get everyone in. They make you wait in this waiting room for about an hour and a half before they slowly take you into the studio. The studio holds about 350 people and Jonny was one of ten guys there! Ha ha He was such a good sport (even though he really did like it!) While we were waiting in the waiting room there wasn't enough seats for everyone, so Jonny and the other guys gave up their seats so other people could sit down. Once we got in the studio they gave all the guys hats for being gentlemen. Awww....
The show was about some of the news events that happened this summer, since she wasn't recording this summer. It was more a serous topic but it was really interesting. Lisa Ling was on the show talking about her sister and the other girl that got kidnapped in North Korea. It was really interesting to hear some of the details according to her sister. I've always liked Lisa Ling since the Channel 1 days :)
The second guest was Erin Andrews, the ESPN sports reporter who was spied on in her hotel room. I can't imagine having that happen to me! This was her first and she says her last public interview about what happened.
The last gues was this Catholic Father (priest?) who got caught by the paparazzi on the beach with his girlfriend. I hadn't heard about that story.... but it was neat.
It was crazy because we didn't know what the show was going to be about until we were in the studio. They keep it really secret. I didn't even know about the third guy until he came out on stage.
Anyways, it was really fun! I'm so glad we got to go! Its something I can check off my to do list now. OH ya, it airs on September 11th, so watch it!

Across the street from the studio there is an Oprah Store. It has souvenirs, hand-made things from Africa, and clothes that were from Oprah's close that you can buy.

Jonny in his Oprah hat!

This is Jonny's new work car that he bought. Isn't it cute!? Ha ha

2 comments:

KACI JOHNSON said...

So jealous! What an experience. So when will they air the show that you were at? By the way, has jonny lost weight? He looks like he has lost weight.

Ty and Kumari said...

JEALOUS!!! I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO ONE OF HER SHOWS!! THAT IS SO AWESOME YOU SCORED TICKETS!