Friday, November 13, 2009

Home projects

As soon as we got back from Chicago we started working on projects around the house. We painted just about every room in the house and got new carpet and tile throughout the whole house. I'd be fine if I never saw a paintbrush again! It was quite a mess for a few weeks, but it was so worth it. We love how everything turned out. The colors aren't great in all of the pics- but you get the idea.

Jonny tore out all of the carpet and old tile. It was quite a chore, but saved us some money. I'm still trying to get everything back in order. I think we had about an inch of dust on everything in the house!





Jonny and his brother tearing out the kitchen. Jonny's family was so great and helped us a lot through the process!
This is the basement. The wall on the right is khacki. We painted the dark brown on top and stained the bead board on the bottom.

Another view of the basement. And Jonny's pride and joy for selling 300 this summer, his TV. Close up of the bead board.....


Looking up into the entry way.... Cubby was following me everywhere.

Looking down on the landing.... new tile and new khacki paint.

This is our new dining table. I love it! It'll be great since we're having Thanksgiving at our house this year!

The kitchen.....

Living room.....

Bedroom- we did a light tan wall and dark brown accent wall.

This is Jonny's favorite room- he picked it out himself. So it was only fitting that its Bingham Blue right? :)

This is my favorite room- the color looks really off in this picture though. Its a really pale green- not so bright. Then we stained the bead board in here too.

Close up of the beadboard and green wall
It was quite a project but its so nice to have done!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

your house really is transformed!! looks so wonderful! and I didn't know you painted the bed rooms too!! You never showed me those!! I need to see first hand!

KACI JOHNSON said...

Love how it turned out. You guys did a great job, you should be very proud of yourselves!! Devin and I want to come over and see it all in person. We should get together with Derek, Nicole, Josh and Rachel for dinner and a tour of your house!!

Angie and Dallas said...

Last night was so fun! I am glad I finally got to see you guys! Your house is adorable. I love all the colors you chose! Adorable.

Britt said...

WOW! It looks soo great good job!

Unknown said...

Your place looks fantastic! What a beautiful home! We painted Brandon's entire condo (including the ceiling) before we got married and by the time we were done I didn't want to do anything else! Maybe it's me but painting is a lot harder than it looks- good job on the flooring too- the colors look great!